The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Project Management Intern
You will be working on exciting software integration projects along with the Program Manager. You will have the opportunity to apply project management processes and technical and strategic expertise necessary to successfully execute and manage software projects.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with Sr. TPMs and engineering team leads to collaboratively define quarterly plans and timelines for interrelated and complex projects
- Help facilitate technical discussions, align on key requirements, and bring to closure complex, cross-functional challenges
- Clearly document requirements, deliverables and cross-functional dependencies & ensure that stakeholders are aware of the same
- Contribute to tracking project scope, milestones, and key deliverables on a weekly basis to ensure project schedule is on track and escalate any potential blockers to the TPM
- Work with your TPM to identify, define, analyze, and document project risks, constraints, and assumptions in detail - maintain a well-defined risk log
- Identify opportunities for improvement in Scrum processes - effectively use data to create team velocity charts, sprint reports, burndown and burnup charts
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for someone who is motivated, proactive, and passionate about working closely with the PMO to ensure projects are executed and managed successfully.
- Currently working towards a Master’s degree in Project Management, Engineering Management, Business Management, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and collaborative - strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate during team meetings
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Proficient with JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, and GSuite
- Previous work experience with software development projects is a plus
Why You Should Join Us
- This internship will assist you in developing critical-thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills necessary to lead projects in a complex and dynamic technical environment.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.