We are seeking a Legal Intern for our team to support research across a range of topics in the rapidly developing and evolving area of autonomous driving. This position is well-suited for individuals in their second year of law school (or beyond) who want first-hand exposure to legal issues impacting the future of mobility. Our interns research cutting-edge issues and prepare written summaries and recommendations that can be shared and presented across our organization.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Interns are supervised and work directly with attorneys and government relations specialists.
- Address questions from commercial and engineering team members, and provide client-friendly briefings
- Research laws and regulations at all levels of government to comprehensively address regulatory landscape of topics of interest
- Collect compelling ideas from the brightest thinkers in relevant fields, and brainstorm on pragmatic solutions
What you'll bring:
- Strong research and written and oral presentation skills are needed (and we will help mentor).
- Relevant prior experience with technology, AI, mobility, automotive issues, safety and/or cybersecurity and privacy is helpful but not required.
- Currently enrolled in Law School, with at least one year completed
- Experience with emerging technology laws and regulations
- Interest in transportation, data, cybersecurity, risk assessment, and intellectual property.
- Self-guided and curious
- Ability to break down complex legal concepts to colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- The art of brevity - able to provide a valuable level of detail without treading into verbosity
- Comfortable with uncertainty -- many of the questions posed will not have a single clear answer; we need to hear about options and receive an educated recommendation (in some instances informed by experience in comparable industries)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.