Motional is seeking a talented leader to join the Software Organization to expand Motional AV testing capabilities. Autonomous Vehicle Testing is the core part of the company strategy to release a safe product on the public roads.
One of the key part of a successful software development for an AV is to be able to implement, test off vehicle, test on vehicle, gather all the issues from the iteration and come up with a triage strategy to be sure the entire team is focused on the most impactful problems, fix them and iterate.
You will be the key player within the company to implement and operate this massive implementation-test-triage iterative cycle covering strategic aspects, management and operations.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Own both on vehicle (ie public road testing) and off vehicle (simulation testing)
- Leadership and strategy advisement for a large group of highly skilled engineers.
- Setup an efficient triage operation to diagnose and prioritize issues from those 2 sets of testing
- Drive the software development for all the supporting tools for this activity: simulation, resimulation, metrics, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Experience leading teams of teams (the org is composed of ~100 engineers and testers)
- Experience leading real world operations preferably in the software or robotics industry but we are open for other domains like product development, hardware/software projects, Industrial validation, etc.
- Strong understanding of software development principles.
- BA in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 10+ years professional experience
- Good practical understanding of Robotics principles: localization, motion planning, CV, etc.
- Hands on SW development experience
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.