About this position
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Software Engineer to help develop and roll out the next generation of our advanced tools to support autonomous driving. We are building a suite of fleet management products to enable the successful operation of our Autonomous Vehicles at scale. The core of the Fleet Autonomy Services (FAS) platform is built around our real-time data pipeline which enables our AVs to communicate with our cloud services. Our team develops products such as real-time monitoring platform for the AV fleet, vehicle software update services, and integrations with ride hailing partners.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, build and maintain our FAS platform for our autonomous vehicle fleet
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- Communicate with stakeholders and other team leads to identify system requirements
- Manage product delivery timelines
- Hands-on implementation of key portions of the system
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer in designing and building distributed systems
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Experience building systems using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- MS, BS or BA in Computer Science / Engineering
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Terraform
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with IoT infrastructure
- Experience with Python / Golang
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.