We are looking for a talented Director of Platform Infrastructure with hands-on expertise developing safe and secure platform software for autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen the software development process from prototyping phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions.
This individual should have experience with complex system software such as distributed systems, embedded real-time systems, fault-tolerant systems, networked systems, etc. In this role, you will build strategies and visions for the platform infrastructure software including technologies such as application libraries, deployment, device drivers, middleware, monitoring and recovering systems, RTOS, etc. that are used in our autonomous vehicles. Your team will also be responsible for developing and integrating such platform software.
You will lead teams of talented software engineers and collaborate in an agile development environment with technical leadership from various areas including roboticists, hardware engineers, software engineers, systems engineers, test and validation engineers, and operators.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and build teams to deliver safe and secure platform software for autonomous vehicles and enabling APIs for such platform software
- Lead the design and implementation of the platform software technical roadmap
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide the team with technical leadership
What We're Looking For
- Deep expertise in at least two of the following areas: autonomous vehicles/mobile-robotics/field-robotics software, high-definition mapping, embedded real-time software, software infrastructure (i.e. distributed systems, IPC, etc.), and fault-tolerant software.
- Expertise in software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Expertise implementing complex software systems and deploying on real-world systems
- You have grown diverse geographically dispersed software teams
- Postgraduate or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience and track record of delivering complex software systems
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams and a vision on how to manage teams
- Experience with developing in Linux/C++/Python work environment, software, and toolchains
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.