Public Policy Manager- Eastern State & Local Affairs
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Create and foster strong relationships with regulators, legislators, and stakeholders to shape transportation policy
- Develop and implement legislative strategies to bring Autonomous Vehicles to market consistent with Motional’s Government Relations Strategy
- Collaborate with other teams across Motional to keep our knowledge base up to date and provide analysis of consequential political developments
- Work closely with the larger Government Relations and Legal teams
What you’ll bring:
- 5-7 years of public policy experience within government, trade associations, or relevant companies
- Expert understanding of state and local governments in the eastern United States with a track record of working with at least one or more of them
- Adept at communicating complex policies and recommendations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to identify and forge coalitions with partners to advance Motional’s policy positions
- Existing networks in major metropolitan areas or state capitols in the eastern United States
- Experience with the policy world of autonomous vehicles, commercial passenger services, or consumer transportation services
- Knowledge of policy issues surrounding privacy, cybersecurity, zero-emission vehicles, and intellectual property
- Law or Public Policy degree
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.