The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the product’s development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams within and outside Motional to define requirements for the next generation of autonomous vehicles.
- Leverage deep user, customer, and industry knowledge to design and iterate on vehicle requirements and concepts.
- Identify and assess the strategic and financial implications of potential product decisions.
- Work with design and user research to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market trends.
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development.
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline
- 5+ years of Product Manager experience
- Previous experience with autonomous technology, robotics, or similarly relevant experience
- Previous experience launching a hardware product, working with operations teams to ensure smooth execution
- Cross functional team experience, especially working with engineers and user experience / product designers
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
Bonus points but not required:
- Experience with automotive industry
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA)
Why you should join us:
- In this role, you will help shape the future of Motional and the autonomous vehicle industry. You will work with stakeholders across every discipline to create a vision of next-gen vehicles and then bring that vision life. You will be working on a high visibility, highly strategic internal project with opportunity to learn and grow.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.