At Motional, our Corporate Development team delivers optionality for the organization to create value through inorganic growth opportunities and will support our future aspirations through generating additional growth capital opportunities. The team is responsible for driving strategic planning, market intelligence, ideation / evaluation of inorganic growth opportunities, as well as the development and execution on any potential future opportunities to secure growth capital. This high impact, high visibility role will work with functional leads across the organization on projects that will frequently be presented to the board of directors. These cross-functional initiatives will require strong project management, relationship (internal and external) management, and analytical skills. This opportunity is action oriented and is a blend of both internal planning and analysis along with externally focused activities. It will be important for the person in this role to be able to accomplish tasks with others, including peers, various functional leadership, and external collaborators.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Proactively work with leaders across the organization to identify, research, evaluate and execute on inorganic growth opportunities that create optionality for the organization to achieve our goals and create value.
- Develop relationships across the Autonomous Mobility ecosystem, including OEMs and Tier 1s, to foster a robust deal pipeline (including out-licensing of Motional’s Core Technology) & opportunity funnel in line with Motional’s strategic objectives.
- Cultivate external relationships with accelerators, venture capital, and investment banks to create inbound deal flow.
- Oversee end to end financial analysis, modeling, diligence, deal structuring and negotiations of potential opportunities.
- Lead agreement negotiations with partners, including the coordination of cross-functional input, alignment and internal preparation.
- Lead and support financial modeling and analysis of target company, deal structures and pro-forma financial statements.
- Prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal leadership and Board of Directors meetings
- Develop and foster effective relationships and collaboration with leaders and stakeholders across the organization, and with external partners and organizations.
What We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, strategy, business development or partnership roles, ideally in the technology and/or transportation industries.
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships, evaluating, negotiating agreement terms, and executing on transactions.
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts, influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual, and financial issues; impeccable business judgment.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating directly with senior executives and in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.