Motional has an exciting opportunity to work within a world-class team of engineers including inventors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) and LaserNet. The Perception-Prediction Team is doubling in size, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
What You'll Do:
- Develop clean software for the perception and prediction modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such sensor data, localization, and planning
- Apply deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles
- Collaborate with perception and prediction research scientists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different perception and prediction algorithms
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is a necessity
- Formulate process to ensure work quality remains high in order to maintain a sound software architecture foundation
- Lead tiger teams to design and implement critical projects
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- 8+ years of software development experience
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Experience building infrastructure for Machine Learning with basic knowledge of Pytorch or other Deep Learning framework
- CUDA programming
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.