Our Finance group is looking for an experienced Payroll Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Analyst will work closely with other members of the Finance group as well as various Human Resources teams. The Payroll Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the coordination/preparation of all payroll cycles, payroll associated tasks, and various tax projects. If you thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment that emphasizes individual accountability with the support of a team structure, come join us!
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
- Perform a variety of payroll functions in preparation, distribution, and reporting of
- Ensure accurate and timely end-to-end processing of US multi-state payroll in
- Review, process and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards utilizing Ceridian Timesheets
- Assist Payroll Manager in providing prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process
- Audit payroll data to ensure accurate processing of wages, garnishments, tax
withholdings and deductions
- Monitor tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondences
- Participate in special projects as assigned, such as documenting workflows, improving
processes and procedures, and periodic updates to payroll related forms
- Participate in Ceridian Dayforce year-end process by ensuring accuracy of W2s
- Ensure continuous compliance to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation for all payroll related processes and providing recommendations as appropriate
- Opportunity to assist with ad hoc tax projects as needed, supporting the Director of Tax
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience with full-cycle multi-state payroll
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Ceridian experience a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with multi-state payroll and payroll tax rules and
regulations in the US (federal, state, local)
- Current experience and in-depth knowledge of payroll systems and reporting functions,
Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to strong problem-solving skills in a growing and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential with use of appropriate judgment
when handling sensitive data
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy a must
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.