The machine learning metrics team focuses on dramatically accelerating progress on the company’s autonomous vehicle by developing and using high-quality, data-driven key performance indicators. These system and sub-system metrics are used to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks, our dashboards are used to guide strategic decisions, and our infrastructure provides always-available critical tools to developers.
The team charter is centered around three core concepts:
- How should we score our autonomous vehicle system and subsystems as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical, and ride comfort related constraints?
- How do we quickly and efficiently obtain system level metrics via large scale simulation?
- How can we extract value from the large volume of high-quality data we collect?
You could work on some of these cutting-edge internal products:
- Ground truth perception regression,
- Comparing software performance at a key metric level with large-scale resimulation,
- On-road performance analysis, and
- Autonomy regression detection and prevention.
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, Bay area, and Las Vegas. You can join any of these offices. Currently, there is no expectation to be in-office due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we expect many roles will return to a hybrid in-office (several days a week in-office) expectation over time.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning the backend for core products we’re developing.
- Building up processing and data aggregation methods.
- Interacting with DynamoDB and SQL databases.
- Creating, documenting, and testing API endpoints.
- Work with frontend developers to provide an optimal user experience for web applications.
- Work with engineers creating metrics to integrate new data types and continually improving our components.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Python.
- Backend development experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale cloud applications.
- A strong sense of ownership: Be able to drive projects from conception to production.
What we'd be pleasantly surprised to see:
- Experience with flask servers or similar.
- Experience with Swagger documentation or similar.
- Experience with DynamoDB or similar.
- Experience developing in and deploying to AWS.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.