Motion Planning Research Intern
Motional’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Motional was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service in Las Vegas, Nevada.
With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Motional, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world.
In this position, you will work on a prototype of a GPU-based motion planner. In addition to this, you will benchmark the created solution against numerous existing state of the art solutions and deploy your solution to an autonomous vehicle. You will also contribute to the nuPlan framework which will directly provide you all the required tools to quickly validate and analyze your prototype.
How you'll make a difference:
- Perform prototyping of cutting edge research and deploy the solutions on an autonomous vehicle - support a project development from start to finish
- Create prototype of GPU-based motion planner
- Contribute to core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
- You will focus your research in Machine Learning based Motion Planning technique
- Analyze and compare different combinations of different algorithms.
- Tackle the challenge of autonomous drive through innovative software stacks that interface with all components of the automated driving vehicles
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Engineering/Science, Robotics or other relevant fields
- Experience in Motion Planning running on GPU (CUDA)
- Knowledge of Motion Planning for Mobile Robots
- Experience in Python
- Experience designing, training and analyzing neural networks
- Knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.