The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Establish and maintain a continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate the deployment of wide range of software products (from the software running on our cars, to fleet management and backend cloud services)
- Develop tools for deployment and monitoring of highly available, mission critical services
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical build and development issues
- Work with security experts in developing and implementing state of the art security controls
- Work with software engineers and platform architects to design and develop custom SW packages
- Improve the performance, and reliability of our simulation infrastructure
- Refine processes to support frequent road tests
What We're Looking For
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of DevOps/Cloud Engineering experience
- 5+ years of working experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong background in Linux, version control, CI/CD and cross-platform scripting languages (python, bash or similar)
- Strong experience working with containers and package management for C/C++
- Experience with build systems (Bazel, CMake, Make or equivalent)
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience managing AWS and in-house server infrastructure using IaC
- Experience programming with C++, Python or Go
- Experience working with compilers (clang, gcc, nvcc, etc)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.