We’re making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
A $4B joint venture between automotive leaders Aptiv and Hyundai, Motional is at the forefront of driverless technology. Our team was behind the first autonomous cross-country drive, we launched the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and we operate the world’s longest-standing robotaxi service. We’ll be among the first to operate fully driverless vehicles on public roads, and we’re a leader in the commercialization of robotaxis.
About this role:
It takes the best and brightest minds to accomplish what we’ve accomplished, and we need a talented writer to tell the stories of our technical and commercial leadership in a nascent, future-shaping industry.
As senior editor, you’ll lead Motional’s editorial program, predominantly focused on thought leadership, writing on behalf of our leadership team and subject matter experts for our blog, Medium, social media, media, internal communications, and more. You’ll tell stories about the changing face of transportation and how we’re tackling transportation inequity, leading the commercialization of robotaxis, improving human<>robot communication, and preparing to be among the first to put driverless cars on public roads.
In addition to leading the editorial strategy, the right candidate will be an experienced, versatile writer who can turn out longform content that supports business goals. The ideal candidate is experienced in dealing with C-level leaders and adept at creating engaging content from highly technical concepts in the areas of machine learning and autonomy.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
- Own Motional’s editorial voice and strategy
- Lead a cross-channel content calendar that highlights Motional as a thought, commercial and technical leader in the driverless industry
- Oversee content/copy production, particularly longform, to ensure a steady cadence of flawless, search-optimized, engaging and timely storytelling
- Seek stories out from within our organization - get to know our SMEs, engineers and leaders, learn about what they’re working on, know when it’s story-worthy, build the content, and work with the wider marketing team on channel strategy
- Provide feedback to other content/contributors and edit their work
- Constantly monitor and analyze traffic to ensure our content is growing in readership and engagement and supporting broader marketing goals
- Assist on executive communications as needed
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years progressive professional experience in journalism or writing
- Significant and quantifiable experience creating and leading editorial strategy, including voice, story and audience development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A passion for and strong understanding of what the driverless industry can deliver
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and dissecting technical topics ranging from robotics to machine learning
- Exceptional writing and editing skills that extends across channels
- An analytical mind. Familiarity with the relevant tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Bambu) to monitor activity and scale the content program
- Overall great communicator
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.