Our team is a diverse group of software developers that focus on providing re-simulation and data manipulation tools to support the development activities of our scientists, and also to enable virtual testing of our autonomous driving software before it hits the road. We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer to help develop and roll out the next generation of advanced tools to support virtual autonomous driving tests.
What you'll be doing:
- Development of simulation software components to test and evaluate the performance of core autonomous driving systems
- Provide software solutions that will be used by our global team: collaboration with developers around the world (US, Singapore, South Korea)
- Work closely with different groups (perception/localization/planning/control/middleware) to provide solutions that make use of different data sources (real / synthetic) to support testing and benchmarking of algorithms in an automated way
- Design, implement, maintain, and document new simulation tools or system features, optimize execution and data flow, automate task execution / support batch execution processes
What we're looking for:
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge and work experience
- 10+ years of experience in research and/or software development for robotics systems or complex system simulations
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with Linux work environment, software, and toolchains
- Experience with programming for multi-threaded systems
- Experience with IPC and distributed systems
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
Bonus points (not required):
- AV or vehicle simulation systems experience
- Experience with simulation systems for automotive applications, and knowledge in vehicle dynamics
- Docker and usage of AWS to support scalability
- Mathematics behind robotics and sensor systems
- Database file manipulation using C++ / Python
- Safety certification (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 5012X, DO-178B/C, etc.)
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.