Motional has an exciting opportunity to work within a world-class team of engineers including inventors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150) and LaserNet. The ML Team is doubling in size, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and develop neural networks for perception and prediction problems such as object detection, instance segmentation, motion prediction, sensor fusion, etc.
- Deliver a state of the art, deep learning first, perception and prediction systems by pioneering research into methods for real-time object detection and prediction
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
- Conduct deep learning experiments, write reports, and file patents
- Mentor junior researchers by providing guidance on research projects and design document reviews
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g. for classification, regression, and clustering)
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: object detection, image segmentation, sensor fusion, multitask learning, motion prediction, and/or tracking
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing libraries and Python bindings development experience
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g. version control, CI)
- Strong applied math background
- Leadership and mentoring experience
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICL, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in C++ and/or CUDA programming
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.