We are seeking talented Senior Frontend Software Engineers to help develop and roll out the next generation of our advanced tools to support autonomous driving. We are building a highly-specialized, Web-based application that produces semantic map annotations that supports our AV's needs. We care about optimizing both our application's performance and our end-users' workflows. We support the evolving map data needs of our researchers and engineers.
Things you'll get to work on:
- Support full software development life cycle
- Design, plan, and implement future improvements to our specialized, Web-based, graphical semantic map annotation application
- Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialties
- Write high quality, idiomatic, and maintainable code
Education and Experience we want from you:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years professional experience as a frontend software engineer
- Experience in Test Driven Development and writing testable code
- Good understanding of functional/reactive paradigms
- Good knowledge of a particular development ecosystem, such as developing modules, publishing packages and using various dev tools (linting, code analysis)
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of geospatial data, libraries, and tools
- Knowledge of high-performance rendering
- UI/UX experience
- Experience in profiling and optimizing for browser performance
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.