Motional is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will play a key factor in influencing the business to propel our unique vision within the autonomous vehicle industry and bring it to the next level. While autonomous vehicles have been around for years, we are finally bringing this technology to market at scale. With over 100,000 public autonomous rides, and partnerships with major ride hailing players, a role at Motional offers the chance to drive the next revolution in mobility.
This person will be a critical hire to drive business strategy within SG&A and Strategy teams to align with Motional's initiatives as a company. The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will partner with business leaders across the globe and HR Centers of Excellence to formulate human capital strategies, deliver against HR initiatives/programs, manage employee/labor relations matters, manage policies and drive talent management agenda.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for partnering with SG&A and Strategy teams
- Partners with business leaders in understanding strategic goals and helping them put plans in place that will help them and their teams be successful
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Manage work-related issues with management, inclusive of performance management plans, talent development and leadership coaching.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Team & Total rewards role to creates new roles as the business requires & conduct compensation evaluations.
- Consult with the business leaders on policy, organization design, compliance, and change management.
- Perform role evaluations and creates new roles as the business requires. Conduct compensation evaluations working with corporate compensation.
- Manage employee communications (both through design and providing input)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a Human Resources position having responsibility for:
- HR program administration
- Employee relations
- Policy administration
- Change Management
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Experience in a business environment with multi-state locations and remote offices.
- Experience working within global matrixed organization a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated track record of building relationships and working collaboratively with others
- Ability to influence
- Strong knowledge of HR law and implications