We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development Intern to help in achieving our goals.
Our SASI interns play a crucial role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by developing a software update system that offers a safe and secure solution. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support and accelerate Software Development Life Cycle.
You will experience real-world problems that will enables you to put everything you have learnt into action and give yourself an opportunity to join us shaping the future.
If you are a high achieving computer science student who is looking to change the world through software, this is the place for you.
Please include a cover letter to let us know when you are looking to intern with us.
Please note that it will be in our Singapore office, and we would expect a minimum 3 months internship period.
Due to the current global travel restriction in Singapore, we are only able to take in applicants who are currently located in Singapore.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the larger team of Autonomous Driving engineers, gaining exposure to multiple engineering disciplines and several projects simultaneously throughout the development process
- Perform prototyping, field testing, and system configuration
- Assist the team in setting up a quality control framework through automated testing.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm
- Build new concepts and groundbreaking solutions that shape the future of mobility
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ or similar.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or similar.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes: software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Bash.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.
- Experience with building a GUI on any platform.
- Knowledge of QT, QML, vulkan, openGL is also a plus
- Experience with Software Development and Testing
- Knowledge of Jenkins, Bazel and Git.
- Knowledge of software quality control methodologies.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.