Component Technical Program Manager (TPM)
This position includes program management of product development and supplier oversight of multiple components for Motional’s GEN 2 Program. You will work directly with Component engineer leads for multiple components to develop project specific solutions that meet Cost, performance, quality and schedule objectives for Motional’s GEN 2 program.
The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the willingness to dive right in and enjoy tackling and solving complex challenges on a daily basis and have the ability to work cross-functional areas. Strong collaborator, able to work with others to understand and clarify requirements.
• Develop Project Schedule and Capital/Engineering cost estimates
• Manage projects through a structured product development process
• Lead cross competency teams in achieving timing, design and performance objectives
• Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to estimate efforts, define milestones, track progress and drive execution
• Work with suppliers and/or internal customers to facilitate technical discussions, align on key requirements and synchronize timelines within various teams
• Evaluate and track progress of supplier project progress and product maturity; reporting status to program management organization and leadership
• Manage financial commitments including engineering spend, capital investment and engineering credits
• Manage risk activities; Facilitate structured problem solving activities; escalate issues to management in a timely fashion
• Able to work independently or in a group environment to manage various internal/external stakeholders
• BS/MS in Engineering
• 5+ years of project management experience
• PMP or compatible certification (Project Management Professional)
• Experience in project management or technical management
• Experience with Automotive Electronics component developments
• Experience with global teams, multiple time zones
• Experience working directly with suppliers
• Ability to interface and act as liaison to suppliers, internal customers and management
• Familiar with PPAP and automotive engineering design processes
• Fluent in English required (oral and written)
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Strong problem solving skills
• BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering or related field
• Familiar with Wireless communication
• Familiar with Autonomous vehicle architecture
• Familiar with ADAS technology (Radar, camera, Lidar, etc.)
• Familiar with Vehicle power moding and power management systems
• Familiar with Functional Safety and safety regulations
• Familiar with Functional Safety concepts per ISO 26262
• Familiar with Automotive SPICE process
• Strong Interest in next-generation automated driving technologies
• Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.