The ML metrics team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks. The team charter is centered around two core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop cutting-edge ML based smart agent models to ensure that the simulation environment reflects the real world driving behavior, with cars, pedestrians, cyclists interacting with our autonomous car in realistic fashion.
- Collaborate with other teams such as machine learning platform, infrastructure teams to deploy the smart agent models.
- Develop the performance metrics of our autonomous car.
What We're Looking For
- Masters with 1+ years of industry experience or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of fundamental statistics and deep learning concepts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - can explain complicated topics and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Fluent in python or C++.