The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
We're currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our growing Engineering Program Management Office (EPMO). In this role, you will lead the Remote Vehicle Assistance (RVA) program, providing top-level management of the supporting hardware and software development projects. You will serve as the program link to Executive leadership, and coordinate activities globally to meet company objectives.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner across the EPMO to coordinate on program deliverables and cross-functional dependencies
- Work closely with Product team to ensure tight alignment on plan to meet business objectives
- Partner with RVA Engineering Team Leads and RVA project managers to turn high-level product roadmaps into achievable implementation plans
- Communicate program status and metrics to Executive leadership regularly
- Monitor/manage overall program status to communicate, manage or mitigate program risks
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the projects across the entire product development lifecycle
- Work closely with engineering teams on project deliverables and prioritization of activities
- Collaborate closely with autonomy, hardware, system architecture, product management, safety, testing, and operations teams
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment across multiple time zones with strong communication and collaboration
- Interface with external vendors to ensure proper execution of the defined Statements of Work
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS/MS degree in a science or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of project management experience
- Experience managing complex fast-paced software and hardware development spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
- Works well with ambiguity
- Strong problem-solving abilities and able to formulate solutions quickly
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of Atlassian toolchain, Microsoft Project, and other project management tools/processes
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience in the automotive industry or with Autonomous Driving technology
- Prior software development experience
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive, Aerospace)
Why You Should Join Us:
- Ability to bring ideas to the table and see them implemented
- Autonomy to make decisions that best support your teams and programs
- Working directly with leaders in the autonomous vehicle industry
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.