We're looking for a creative and energetic Simulation Test Engineer to help us make the future of autonomous systems a reality and to expand our growing global footprint in self-driving cars.
Our Simulation Test Engineers play a key role in making the vehicle of the future a reality by testing technologies that deliver a turnkey, fully autonomous driving system for our customers and enable Mobility on Demand (MoD). Our Simulation Test team leverages our simulation tools to rigorously test our autonomy system. This testing adds one more layer of confidence that our system is safe before it is released for public road driving
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Directly impact self-driving vehicles by designing and performing off vehicle testing on driving algorithms, identifying potential areas for improvement
- Develop test plans and test cases for simulation test scenarios for Autonomy features
- Develop and carry out test plans to validate the Vehicle Dynamics Model
- Analyze information and write comprehensive test reports for each test completed.
- Report issues to engineers and management
- Collaborate with the Simulation Tools team to continually improve simulation test case creation and simulation test results
- Collaborate with development, systems, safety teams on automating simulation metrics
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2+ years of related professional experience (or a master's degree).
- Experience with test engineering, recursive testing, and mechatronic system testing
- Experience with Linux and programming (Python, Bash/Shell)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to think logically and remove bias from evaluation of problems
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
Bonus Points (not required)
- Basic understanding of robotics systems including sensors, actuators, mechanical and software systems is a plus
- Previous experience with simulation testing
- 1+ years of experience with testing of ADAS subsystems and self-driving features is a plus
- Understanding of automotive product development process (ASPICE) and industry standards such as ISO26262, ISO21448, and ISO9001 is preferred
- Experience in using issue tracking software or tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
Why You Should Join Us
- This is an exciting opportunity for a test engineer to join a very dynamic team of people focused on creating and executing tests for our autonomous vehicle system. As an engineer you will work very closely with the development teams, as well as have hands-on experience with the autonomous vehicle.