We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst in our Pittsburgh, PA location. This position will be a key member of the Finance team and will support Motional by performing accounting and finance activities for our US-based operations. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to engage with the various business teams in order to solve problems.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support monthly management reporting of financial results and forecasts, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis and related management reports to help assess and guide business decision
- Develop and consolidate, compare and analyze actual results against plans and forecasts; monitor variances; identify trends and recommend changes to the leadership team
- Prepare month-end journal entries, account reconciliations and provide financial support for monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting requirements
- Ownership of fixed asset/CWIP management
- Provide support on purchasing requests and budgetary assignments
- Maintain an understanding of accounts payable workflow and assist with AP related inquiries
- Support annual external audit requests
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- CPA or MBA a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience or 3+ years of relevant experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Experience with GL accounting, accounts payable, lease accounting, accounting for engineering activities, fixed assets management
- Must have personal accountability, be proactive and resourceful
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks to completion
- Good business process understanding
Why You Should Join Us
- Motional is a pioneer in driverless technology. We're a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, one of the industry’s most innovative technology providers
- Motional operates in a highly competitive and new industry working to develop the future of transportation. The accuracy of our financial statements is critical to ensuring we have a clear understanding of where we stand in relation to our financial targets.
- We are seeking a Financial Analyst to help us accommodate the finance and accounting requirements of our US operations. Even though we are a private company, our parent companies are public entities and therefore we need to ensure we are meeting their level of accounting standards.
- We successfully implemented Netsuite in Q2 2021 and have exited our finance supporting TSA’s with our parent companies. We are seeking to add talent to our finance team to assist us in meeting our finance obligations and improving our processes and capabilities along the way
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.