The Motional team is growing and specifically looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Motion Planning team. Apply software development expertise while learning and growing in autonomous vehicle research, algorithms, and approaches. As a Senior Software Engineer you will help lead software design and development, algorithm creation and/or implementation, and conduct code reviews. Partner with motion planning research scientists to bring algorithms from concept to prototype and deployment in the real world at scale. Work in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Collaborate with motion planning research scientists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Masters or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.