The Motional team is growing, specifically looking for an experienced roboticist with a background and passion in Motion Planning and Software Development. Perform research, develop algorithms, and write software to generate safe, comfortable, and intuitive routes and motions. Specifically impacting navigation, behavior, route, path-planning, and prediction of our fully autonomous vehicle cars.
What You'll Do:
- Develop state-of-the-art motion planning algorithms and software to ensure the vehicle navigates safely and smoothly.
- Interface with perception and prediction components upstream and trajectory optimization and tracking & control components downstream
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of motion planning and prediction algorithms
- Develop a variety of algorithms on planning for autonomous driving, including but not limited to search-based methods, sampling-based methods, optimization-based methods, linear-temporal logic, and decision making under uncertainty.
- Guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product focused engineering, research, and development.
- Develop and support motion planning algorithms from ground up all the way to deployment on autonomous vehicles
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, EE, CE, or a related field.
- Proven impact and expertise in the robotics / autonomous vehicle field.
- 5+ years of research experience in robotics / motion planning
- 5+ years of C++ software development
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation and deployment
- Thirst for knowledge and continuous innovation
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.