We are looking for a Software Engineer with a background in embedded C software development and a passion for robotics / autonomous vehicles. The software engineer will be supporting application code and Vehicle Controls for Motional’s fully autonomous driving system. Including the Vehicle Interface and ECU to safely control the autonomous vehicle following a desired trajectory in embedded controller.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your top-notch software development expertise to inspire others to develop better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the controls modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with vehicle directly
- Logic development in C to enable health monitoring and autonomous vehicle body controls.
- Collaborate with controls experts and experienced roboticists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Support code reviews and software architecture design
What We're Looking For
- Strong in embedded C development
- Experience in AUTOSAR implementation
- Experience with Control system design (classic control, filters, state estimations)
- 3+ years professional experience building embedded systems
- Experience writing software for embedded microcontrollers in C/C++
- Familiarity with RTOS, real-time constraints and hardware interfaces (e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, the Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C)
- Experience debugging embedded system software and hardware using tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, debuggers
- Able to learn independently and work well under tight development schedule
- Data acquisition test equipment experience (Vector CANalyzer, CANape and CANoe)
- Experience with Infineon Aurix is a plus
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink auto code generation is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Masters or PhD preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or relevant field