As a Cloud Architect you will play a pivotal role in Motional’s cloud-first strategy by designing and supporting complex cloud solutions to enhance the user experience of our project teams and customers. You will work in a fast-paced, complex environment where you will have the freedom to apply your skills and make a significant impact to the success of the business.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city's goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
- Lead the process of defining and refining our corporate cloud strategy including delivering for critical capabilities in DevOps, Machine Learning, Simulation, and large data infrastructure.
- Engineer, design and deliver complex and highly resilient cloud solutions following leading industry and vendor best practices.
- Assist our various business units in setting up their cloud environments, offering design improvements, providing governance and mitigating risks.
- Maintain high quality of service by developing metrics that demonstrate overall health and performance of cloud environments to ensure they are operating at peak service.
- Liaise with our corporate finance teams to analyze cloud spend and provide input in developing efficient cost models.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing high quality results.
- Perform as subject matter expert by keeping up with emerging technologies, challenges, and capabilities across cloud platforms and services.
- Partner with cloud providers to continuously evaluate cloud offerings and determine the benefits to our company including running proofs of concept.
- Experience managing complex AWS environments to include numerous AWS services such as Landing Zone/Control Tower, IAM, vPC, s3, LB, TGW, ACM, Route 53, DX, private link, etc.
- Scripting skills and developing automation using tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS cost control systems such as EDP, saving plans, spot instances, reserved instances, etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Strategic, innovative, and ever curious, challenging the status quo and planning ahead to our advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience designing and architecting complex cloud solutions.
- AWS certifications preferred
Why you Should Join Us
- We subscribe to the “Art of the Possible” when evaluating and designing solutions for our business.
- You will work with global engineers to implement solutions that enable them to evaluate complex models and data which plays a large part in the development of a safe, reliable, and accessible autonomous vehicle.
- You’ll be part of a growing global organization focused on high tech solutions and investing in forward thinking technologies across platforms.