Strategic Sourcing Manager, Indirect Procurement
Reporting to the Director of Indirect Procurement. The Team’s mission is to provide delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional Organization, and you will be a cornerstone of this team with primary focus on indirect procurement commodities that support the vehicle engineering team.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
- Manage strategic sourcing process and negotiate contracts at a sophisticated level
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders (internal and external) to develop sourcing strategies that align with budgets and focus on reducing cost and mitigating risk.
- Develop and manage sourcing events (RFx’s) and vendor selection processes.
- Implement supplier management programs with defined SLAs and KPIs for key suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery
- Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs.
- Support supplier onboarding and purchase requisition programs for internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with Procure to Pay policies and procedures..
- Communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Establish preferred suppliers for assigned categories
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic sourcing role for complex design and manufacturing of complex systems (consumer products, automotive, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, IT, or similar area of study. MBA, JD and CPSM, CPIM or C.P.M. certifications preferred.
- Experience in working with a large cross functional team in an extremely dynamic environment
- Can do attitude, can roll up the sleeves and dive into the details quickly
- Data driven approach to tracking, monitoring and reporting on defined spend management objectives to ensure we are executing on defined goals.
- Comfort to brief senior executives on results, obstacles and escalations
Nice to have:
- Automotive experience, especially in self driving cars
- Blue chip procurement experience (Apple, Google, Facebook, GE)
- Engineering background, especially in negotiating and managing Engineering service providers and software licenses supporting
- Certification in supply chain, scrum, agile, six sigma
- Experience using Coupa Procurement solution.
In Return you can expect:
- A servant leadership focused group where you will lead, grow and be mentored and coached
- An opportunity to build a world glass direct procurement org where you leave your footprint for the next gen Motional vehicles
- Broad range of exposure from various commodities ranging from sensors to compute, ability to polish and further develop your strategic sourcing skills by collaborating with top notch engineers and various cross functional business leaders
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people, one of the front runners of the self driving car race