Motional is seeking a talented systems engineer to join the Onboard Software Quality team under the Platform Infrastructure group to deliver capabilities in support of maintaining a high level of software quality for our autonomous driving systems. Ideal candidates for this position will have experience with software requirements development, standard software development practices (SDLC), verification and validation methodologies, systems and safety product lifecycles, and experience with cross team collaboration across software, systems and safety groups.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Formulate requirements engineering strategy for onboard software development running on a variety of hardware platform configurations.
- Analyze systems engineering and functional safety requirements to develop software requirements specifications (SRS) coherent with the software development lifecycle.
- Partner with the software development teams to drive faster / efficient requirements review cycles conforming to highest code quality standards.
- Proactively collaborate with the systems and software architecture groups to ensure the requirements for software components are in alignment with the top level expectations.
- Ensure compliance with automotive industry standards, such as but not limited to ISO26262 Functional Safety, Automotive SPICE, ISO 12207 SDLC.
- Actively participate in the hardware bringup activities with external vendors, hardware teams to expedite the speed of software development, adoption and maturation.
- Devise techniques for demonstrating end-to-end bidirectional software requirements and testing traceability.
- Influence and drive as applicable software requirements verification methods, tools and resulting KPI metrics for organizational visibility.
- Implement QMS processes, including documentation and training, for requirements / specifications development, quality gates, safety software design, cross team collaboration models.
- Develop stakeholder documentation, including interface descriptions, class diagrams, interaction diagrams and other work products necessary for software assurance.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork across locations is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 5+ years professional experience developing software requirements for complex systems.
- Experience with software engineering principles, including requirements engineering, software design, source control, build processes, code reviews.
- Experience with software testing processes and frameworks.
- Familiarity with requirements development tools (E.g: Polarion, Jama, MagicDraw)
- Familiarity with RTOS, real-time constraints and hardware interfaces (E.g: CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C).
- Familiarity with static / dynamic analysis and code coverage tools.
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with writing software requirements for automotive, aerospace or defense systems
- Experience with software or systems verification and validation techniques
- Experience with automotive standards (E.g: ISO 12207, ISO 26262, ISO 21448)
- Experience with software quality management and assurance activities (E.g: IATF 16949, ISO 9001)