Join the Motional Motion Planning team responsible for building navigation, behavior, and route planning of autonomous vehicles. Software Engineers partner with Senior team members contributing to Software Design, algorithm creation and implementation, and codebase optimization. Work in a complex and growing end-to-end autonomous vehicle system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Collaborate with motion planning experts on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Contribute robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Masters or PhD preferred but not required) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience in motion planning / robotics C++ production code environment