The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
The Senior Autonomous Vehicle Perception Validation Engineer will play a leading role in the design and implementation of the perception validation strategy for automated driving. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems, safety, and development teams as a member of the validation organization.
What You'll Be Doing
- Analyze gaps in current validation plans and improve the completeness and robustness of the plans.
- Work closely with the Validation Team Managers, stakeholders and customers to understand requirements to develop validation strategy and testing plan for validation of our autonomous vehicle perception subsystem
- Be at the forefront of the autonomous vehicle industry with state-of-the-art testing/validation and sensor simulation for the perception subsystem.
- Understand the current test tooling (SIL/HIL/Track) and drive development of existing tooling and/or assess the need of new tooling for validation of the perception subsystem.
- Work with simulation tool vendors to understand tooling capabilities and drive the development of the tools according to Motional requirements.
- Closely interact with the safety, systems engineering, autonomy, software infrastructure and development test teams to formulate strategies for the validation of the perception subsystem.
- Present the validation plans to the leadership and ensure that different verticals are in sync on the validation plans.
- Review system requirements and make sure that the requirements are unambiguous, complete, verifiable and testable.
- Write test requirements for the perception subsystem and ensure that the tests conform to the testing requirements.
- Use technical writing skills to author detailed test plans, test procedures, test cases and related documents
What We're Looking For
- BS/MS/PhD with 2+ years of experience of targeted perception related experience or research/publication on perception testing/validation.
- 1+ years of leadership experience in either development or testing of perception algorithms.
- Experience with different sensor modalities (e.g. lidar, radar, camera) and solid understanding of their workings.
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse tasks
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Language Skills: Fluent in English required (oral and written)
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience in autonomous/ADAS vehicles and/or complex engineering projects.
- Experience in set up and testing on SIL and/or HIL test lab systems.
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards, robotics, and/or ADAS systems.