Reporting to the Director, Direct Procurement, the role of Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in the development of Motional’s self-driving vehicle hardware. You will be responsible for managing all components within the assigned commodities from RFQ stage, business award, and prototype through serial production. The position has high visibility within the organization and offers the chance to be a part of a generational advance in driving technology. Our mission is to provide delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional team. This role is a cornerstone of the organization, focusing on direct procurement support for vehicle related projects.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city's goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and maintain a sourcing strategy for the assigned commodities in coordination with business stakeholders to meet current and future product requirements.
- Manage the strategic vendor relationship as the primary commercial point of contact for Motional and each supplier.
- Understand the technology roadmap of critical suppliers and communicate throughout the organization with a formal commodity strategy.
- Partners with Engineering, Program Management, and Supplier Quality to ensure suppliers are meeting program milestones, delivering material on-time, fulfilling quality requirements, and following proper change management procedure to maintain control of costs.
- Tracks the BOM cost for assigned components as the program/design progresses towards serial production.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the organization for matters pertaining to component cost including savings opportunities, supplier strategy/capabilities, VA/VE and lean manufacturing.
- Manages and resolves issues with commercial terms or supply chain issues, escalating to leadership based on severity.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of Procurement experience working in an Automotive (OEM/Tier1) or high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related field.
- Management of a global supply base, supporting multiple worldwide manufacturing locations.
- Ability to lead strategic sourcing, vendor development/management, RFX events, advanced sourcing, new product introduction, pricing and terms negotiations.
- Must be familiar with and able to negotiate key legal terms as it pertains to Development and Production agreements.
- Ability to navigate and manage internal relationships across a cross functional team including Finance, Engineering, and Program Management.
- Full understanding of Automotive Advance Product Quality Planning activities and the Production Part Approval Process.
- In-depth knowledge of the Source to Pay process.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to present frequently to Senior Leadership teams.
- Required to travel 30%
Bonus Points (not required)
- Advanced higher education such as a Master’s Degree in Business.
- Autonomous vehicle industry or Fortune 100 manufacturing company experience.
- 5+ years in a Strategic Sourcing role managing complex and highly technical commodities; high performance compute, Lidar, Cameras, ECU’s, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering prints and 3D CAD models.
- Cost modeling and estimation for material and manufacturing costs.
- Leading activities related to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, VA/VE.
- Experience with Business Intelligence applications such as Tableau or Spotfire.
Why You Should Join Us
- An experienced leadership team that provides you with the opportunity to be mentored, coached, and grow your procurement expertise.
- An opportunity to build a world class procurement organization where you will leave your legacy on the next generation of Motional self-driving vehicles.
- Broad range of exposure across various high-tech commodities ranging from sensors to high performance compute.
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people, recognized as one of the front runners in the self-driving car race.