The perception and prediction team at Motional, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150), and CoverNet (https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298) is looking for engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch an autonomous taxi system. Work with our vision team who is responsible for developing and deploying image based perception for our self driving vehicles.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 312 Arizona Avenue. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research and develop neural networks for perception problems such as object detection, instance segmentation, sensor fusion, traffic light detection etc.
- Develop clean C++ software for the perception modules that sit at the core of our autonomous vehicle perception and interface with all other key modules such localization, mapping, and planning.
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines.
- Conduct deep learning experiments, write reports, and file patents.
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: Object detection, Image segmentation, Sensor fusion, Multitask learning, Traffic light detection, Active learning, and One shot learning.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development and Fluency in Python.
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience in automotive or other real-time and embedded systems.
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICLR…)