We're currently seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager in our Infrastructure Software team focusing on on-board software, development tools and vendor management. In this role, you will plan and manage software development projects, gathering requirements from stakeholders, prioritizing tasks, managing inter-team dependencies, and execution through project closeout.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner across program management office (PMO) to coordinate on program deliverables
- Partner with Engineering Team Leads in Infrastructure Software to turn requirements and technical specs into achievable implementation roadmaps, including planning timelines and milestones and managing cross-team dependencies
- Monitor/manage program status across multiple activities to communicate, manage or mitigate program risks
- Work closely with 3rd party providers to develop and manage SOW or defined activities.
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the projects across the entire product development lifecycle
- Work closely with engineering teams on project deliverables and prioritization of activity
- Manage project backlog and task prioritization through Agile development processes
- Collaborate closely with various autonomy, hardware, system architecture, product management, safety & testing and operations teams
- Work in a fast-paced work environment across multiple time zones with strong communication and project collaboration
- Interface with external vendor to ensure correct execution of the defined SoWs
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS/MS degree in a science or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of Atlassian toolchain, Microsoft Project, and other project management tools/processes
- Experience managing embedded systems or robotics technical programs
- Experience managing 3rd party relationships from a software services perspective
- Experience managing complex fast-paced software development spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
- Strong problem-solving abilities and able to formulate solutions quickly
- Strong teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience in the automotive industry or Autonomous Driving technology
- Prior software development, robotics or architecture experience
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive, Aerospace)
- Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
Why You Should Join Us:
- Ability to bring ideas to the table and see them implemented
- Autonomy to make decisions that best support your teams and programs
- Working directly with leaders in the autonomous vehicle industry
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.