This position includes systems engineer responsibilities of in-cabin monitoring for Motional’s vehicle platform. The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the willingness to dive right in and enjoy tackling and solving complex challenges on a daily basis. Strong collaborator, able to work with others to understand and clarify requirements. You will work directly with an entire development team including software developers, fellow application / calibration engineers, hardware engineers and project managers to develop project specific solutions for Motional’s products.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
- Interface with suppliers to develop product specification and customer requirement elicitation about camera systems.
- Analyze stakeholder requirements and develop solutions, system definition, system layout, system specification, etc.
- Lead and drive all supplier change requests
- Define vehicle level impact based on changes at component level
- Define and carry out the functionality testing based on prototype for proof of design concept, analyze testing result to evaluate functionality.
- Cooperation with design and validation team for component and layout optimization.
- Understanding of vehicle architecture, vehicle communication (CAN, CAN FD, Ethernet, Flexray,..), vehicle dynamics and driver assistance Interfaces
- Able to perform vehicle level troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Work out component specification of outsourcing part, support purchasing activities.
- Support for the definition of test cases / test strategy, validation specifications analyze and document test data / results.
- Preparation of technical documentation and system release.
- Presentation of the work results in internal teams and in supplier meetings.
- First point of contact for supplier for system development, prepare technical presentations for customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of work experience with the system engineering and SW development
- 5+ years experience working on in-cabin monitoring systems and related technologies.
- Familiar with AI algorithms used for in-cabin detection / monitoring of occupants and other objects.
- Experience in working directly with suppliers
- Familiar with PPAP and automotive engineering design processes
- Experience in project management or technical management
- Experience with global teams, multiple time zones
- Cross-functional knowledge of Systems Engineering, Electronic, Software, and Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Integration
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong Interest in next-generation automated driving technologies (hand-on evaluation)
- Good knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Deep understanding and previous working experience on ASPICE V-shape development process
- Previous coding experience of deep learning based algorithms, especially in Computer Vision
- Previous experience with Requirement exchange process, IBM DOORs or Siemens Polarion