We are building the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
Led by Oscar Beijbom. Our Machine Learning team, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150). The ML Team is doubling in size in 2021, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city's goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improve on-road performance of Motional’s autonomous vehicles
- Manage petabytes of data from the autonomous vehicle to build pipelines that improve our Machine Learning infrastructure and algorithms.
- Build workflows to support development of
- Provide essential functionality for our growing Autonomy and Sensing organization
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- Strong Python skills.
- 1+ year or professional work experience as a software engineer or relevant internships
- Experience working with Linux
- AWS experience, or equivalent GCP, Azure
- Experience with ETL or large scale data processing
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C++, C# or Java
- Experience with deployment using Docker, REST API, CI/CD
- Experience with data warehousing systems(BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake etc).
- Experience with messaging system, for example, kafka, zeroMQ, rabbitMQ, kinesis, SQS