As a Senior Hardware Design Engineer, located in Pittsburgh, PA, you will be responsible for a number of duties related to PCBA debugging, testing and system integration.
- Perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and deploy corrective actions and debugging
- Administer various debug tools to conduct failure analysis, and develop test procedures to ensure product’s reliability and usability.
- Testing hardware via scripting in Linux environment.
- Assist engineers in design, development and evaluation of new products.
- Perform bench level repair and bring-up on engineering prototypes; Prepare and execute diagnostic test plans while documenting results.
- Execute DVT test plans such as signal integrity measurements and environmental tests; Generate and apply engineering change orders or other experimental reworks.
- Setup and maintain lab space, tools, and materials of a hardware R&D lab.
- BSEE+3 or Associate's degree +5 years of experience in PCBA and system level debugging and testing.
- A self-driven Individual with a team player mentality and high attention to detail who is capable of leading and driving actions in order to debug and sustain complex designs successfully.
- Experience using Cadence Allegro PCB design suite and Schematic Capture tools used in the design of PCB.
- Broad understanding of FPGAs, Embedded CPU, DDR3/DDR4 designs, SRAM, PHYs, USB, UART, Ethernet and PCIe.
- Strong knowledge of both system and PCBA level power management, power distribution, and thermal management systems.
- Understanding clocking, terminations and PCBA level design for high-speed signal integrity.
- Strong Knowledge with electronic tests equipment tools and best practices; DSOs, TDRs, Logic analyzer, Spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Experience with Linux or similar OS and scripting or programming.
- Experience working with Cameras will be a plus.
- Experience in vehicular communication networks such as CAN, CAN FD, LIN and Automotive testing is preferred
- Ability to independently test and follow test plans with little to no direction.
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.