The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Do:
- Develop state-of-the-art motion planning algorithms and software to ensure the vehicle navigates safely and smoothly.
- Interface with perception and prediction components upstream and trajectory optimization and tracking & control components downstream
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of motion planning and prediction algorithms
- Develop a variety of algorithms on planning for autonomous driving, including but not limited to search-based methods, sampling-based methods, optimization-based methods, linear-temporal logic, and decision making under uncertainty.
- Guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product focused engineering, research, and development.
- Develop and support motion planning algorithms from ground up all the way to deployment on autonomous vehicles
What You'll Bring:
- PhD degree in Robotics, EE, CE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven impact and expertise in the robotics / autonomous vehicle field.
- 3+ years of research experience in robotics / motion planning
- 3+ years of C++ software development
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation and deployment
- Thirst for knowledge and continuous innovation