MOSAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 to support a large program in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
- The Advanced Wireless Team requires a full-time system engineer to support the initial phase of this team. This engineer help draft AWT requirements and support customer planning efforts. This engineer will conduct discovery efforts on 5G technologies, supporting 5G efforts for this customer. This engineer would derive development requirements from received operational requirements, integrate future wireless activities into the customers processes, and collaborate with current infrastructure engineers.
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency interoperability of developer hardware and software.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides systems development and implement planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- In depth knowledge of wireless communications to include but not limited to 5G, WiMax, (802.16d,e); WiFi (802.11a,b,g,n); LTE (FDD,TDD); Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS. As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most required.
- Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- In depth Wireless Protocol Knowledge
- GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 802.11, 802.16, 5G; Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS.
- As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most desired.
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping. Radio Direction Finding; Angle of Arrival Estimation; Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
- Active Operations.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- Twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- A Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
- Serves as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Technical Lead providing direction to development Team for new product features.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.