MOSAIC is seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer to support a large program in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
- Interacts with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives
- Provides the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity
- Provides expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing and enclave environments
- Advocates and recommends system-level solutions to resolve security requirements. Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy
- Supports the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of customers security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with customer Information System Certification and Accreditation Process and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed DoD business processes for security engineering.
- Five (5) years experience in the following domain areas:
- Information Assurance: NISCAP, DIACAP NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- SIGINT: Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Other: Scripting language; Linux/RedHat
- Twenty (20) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information System Security Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree, for a total of twenty-four (24) years.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.