MOSAIC is seeking a Software Engineer 1 to support a large contract in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Computer Network Operations: Completion of college course or formal training on at least three each of the following(each individual), however collectively the team supporting these requirements need to meet all eight:
(1) Real-time processing and control,
(2) digital signal processing,
(3) User Interfaces,
(4) Network protocols and systems,
(5) Data Flow Networks,
(6) Speech and Audio including Voice over IP (VoIP),
(7) Streaming technologies,
(8) Network and System Security.
- Information Technology: Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in Java,) and C or C++ Scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, BASH, or TCL ECLIPSE and/or NETBEANS IDE Java Messaging System (JMS), Apache Service Mix, or equivalent enterprise messaging technologies Working experience using a J2EE container.
- Service Industry: Formal training or experience in software development using Agile methodologies. Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Change Control, & Requirements tools such as JIRA & ClearQuest.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) years of experience as a software engineer or equivalent in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance is required
- NIAGARAFILES components development is a plus
- Kibana & Grafana are also a plus
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.