MOSAIC is seeking a Software Engineer 2 to work in the in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
- Evaluating new products, methodologies, and policies to continually improve data center services while reducing cost and customer turn-around
- Evaluating and determining future Software Defined Network solutions
- Driving automation across data centers and driving change through automation
- Working on architecture documents to forge new milestones to keep data center offerings relevant
- Actively participate in future roadmap decisions for storage, network, HPC, and server support
- Providing assistance, as needed, to engineering teams to resolve tomorrow’s HPC technology challenges
- Designing, documenting, and leading network modernization as the data centers continue to retire spanning tree and adopt the more flexible spine/leaf architecture
- Analysis of issues, including capacity planning for HPC-specific solutions such as Lustre fabric and high-speed networks
- With networks, firewalls, and HPC network requirements all being in different organizations, driving continuity among the teams and array of devices
- Working with Lustre Interconnects Team to make continual refinements as the high-speed storage fabric grows to multiple data centers within each campus
- Performing network architecture and design
- Providing strategic planning
- Partner with SPD Architects to design the next-generation SPD high-speed and low-speed TCP networks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required, Four years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Fourteen years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Four years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.