MOSAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator 3 to support a contract in Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problem.
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, Linux, VMS, and Windows operating systems to include shell scripting and XML
Specific Systems Administration Role Responsibilities:
- The Team relies on our Systems Administrators to configure and maintain information technology (IT) systems used to collect and process data from locations around the world. Most of this work is performed from our Annapolis Junction location, but there are some limited opportunities for travel. Approximately 75% to 80% of the systems managed are using CentOS or RedHat LINUX, with the remainder using Microsoft Windows variants, other LINUX variants, or proprietary/firmware environments. Common activities include: initial load of new servers, initial configuration on non-computing devices (NCDs), patching and securing existing servers or NCDs, testing new software or patches, and documenting security compliance.
- Other possible roles/skills to consider are: Possess a strong background in testing and troubleshooting application errors. Strong verbal and communication skills. Interact with customer personnel on technical matter, often requiring coordinated activities across organizational lines. Provide technical guidance to lower level personnel. Provide system integration and administration across multiple platforms and multiple applications running between them using an array of scripts that initialize and control various application functionality.
- Ten (10) years experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university (OR) Five (5) years of additional Systems Administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree for a total of fifteen (15) years.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph is required
Full-Time employees have a choice of 3 different medical plans, 1 medical supplement plan, 2 different dental plans and vision coverage. All plans are ala carte, so you can choose what fits for you and your family.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) Matching Program
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off (PTO)
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability paid for by MOSAIC
- Term Life Insurance
- Training and Career Development Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Incentive Program
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.
MOSAIC is an EEO/Affirmative action employer and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.