We’re looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our highly skilled team and extract value out of our customer and 3rd party data. This role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, can work well within a team, is able to articulate problems, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions.
This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market opportunity. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-enabling journey.
- Identify opportunities to extract value from customer and 3rd party data and deliver this as meaningful and actionable insights
- Communicate ideas with customers and internal teams and work directly with clients to develop their own requirements
- Design, build and deliver both deterministic and probabilistic / predictive models
- Select features, build and optimize models using machine learning techniques
- Mine data using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend sample data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constantly track their performance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- MSc/PhD in a quantitative field such as Physics, Maths, Engineering, Computer Science etc.
- Good programming skills in Python
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as NumPy, MatLab, SciKit Learn, PyTorch
- Active team member willing to get stuck into interesting problems
- Able to solve complex problems in a pragmatic and commercially-minded way
- Data-oriented mindset