We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our highly skilled team and build the back-end of our award-winning MSX® data analytics platform. The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer who cares passionately about the quality of their work and the satisfaction of the end user. We are looking for someone who can work well within a team, is able to articulate problems, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions. This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market opportunity. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-enabling journey.
The Implementation Engineer is responsible for deploying, configuring and integrating Mosaic software for customers, automating this process wherever possible. The Integration Engineer is also responsible for developing and deploying tooling and monitoring as well as changes for new customer or data-science features. An Implementation Engineer works on and off site as part of a team of both Mosaic and customer personnel to complete projects and provide on-going development support.
- Deploy Mosaic software to clients and integrate it with clients’ systems. This will include configuring existing adapters and developing new ones
- Provide tooling and automation to aid the implementation process and on-going support. This will include configuration management, systems monitoring and user monitoring. The solutions can be developed in-house or provided by a 3rd party
- Automation of the process for software build and deployment
- Work with technology and data science teams to understand application requirements
- Write tests, API, deployment and production support documentation
- Prioritize, investigate, track and resolve issues assigned to engineering
- Respect customers’ cultures and norms, whilst maintaining Mosaic’s standards and acting as an ambassador for Mosaic.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years commercial technical experience to include at 2+ years hands-on Java development experience and 2+ years in customer facing roles
- Hands on experience in automating software processes using both custom written scripts and tools and commercially available solutions
- Strong Bash scripting skills
- Ability to write small, stand-alone java applications
- Experience with configuration, deployment and distribution tools (examples - Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Experience with support and monitoring tools (examples - Nagios, ITRS, Splunk, Graphana, Elastic Search)
- Hands on experience with Jenkins, Docker
- Understanding of networking and system security
- Experience provisioning, deploying to and managing cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to solve complex problems in a pragmatic and commercially-minded way
- Hands-on with writing SQL queries
- Strong fundamentals of basic data structures and algorithms
- Comprehension of application architecture
- Active team member willing to help and mentor colleagues
- Experience deploying and managing Apache Kafka, Apache, HDFS clusters
- Experience working with big data sets (preferably financial data)
- Experience deploying, managing and supporting complex, mission-critical platforms into large organisations (preferably financial services)
- Experience deploying software to customers as part of a professional services function