We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our highly skilled team and build the back-end of our award-winning MSX® data analytics platform. The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer who cares passionately about the quality of their work and the satisfaction of the end user. We are looking for someone who can work well within a team, is able to articulate problems, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions.
This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market opportunity. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-enabling journey.
- Own features from design to deployment
- Work with technology and data science teams to understand application requirements
- Write tests, API and deployment documentation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience
- In depth knowledge of the Java programming language (Collections, multi-threading, JDBC etc.)
- Strong fundamentals of SQL, basic data structures and algorithms
- Comprehension of application architecture
- Experience with Kafka and other distributed systems is a PLUS
- Experience working with big data sets (preferably financial data) and real-time analytics software
- Experience with some of these tools/technologies:
- Python, Bash scripting, Apache Spark, Scala
- Dev-Ops: Ansible, Docker, VirtualBox, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, ELK Stack etc
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructures, preferably with AWS