We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our highly skilled team and build the back-end of our award-winning MSX® data analytics platform. The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with our customers – traders, salespeople and technologists at leading investment banks. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer who cares passionately about the quality of their work and the satisfaction of the end user. We are looking for someone who can work well within a team, is able to articulate problems, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions. This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market opportunity. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible, industry-enabling journey.
• Work with technology and data science teams to drive complex application requirements from conceptualisation to production
• Write tests, API and deployment and production support documentation
• Define and implement the process for software build and deployment
• Define and implement our cloud-hosted model. Including deployment, support and security
Skills and Experience
• 4+ years of hands-on Java development experience
• Experience with monitoring, automation, alerting, deploying distributed systems, virtualization, configuration management, continuous integration, database administration
• Strong Bash scripting skills
• Hands on experience with Jenkins, Docker
• Comprehension of application architecture
• Experience deploying and managing Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, HDFS clusters
• Understanding of networking, security and cloud based infrastructure
• Python scripting
• Dev-Ops: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, ELK Stack etc.
• Experience working with big data sets (preferably financial data)