Mosaic Group is a mobile app developer with an award-winning portfolio of brands and products. We build and acquire best-in-class mobile applications, providing creators with a platform to reach global audiences along with the inspiration, support and resources to innovate new products. Owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC), Mosaic Group is a global company headquartered in New York City with offices across the world.
At Teltech and iTranslate, our mobile apps and services help people do new and useful things with their smartphones, such as revealing blocked callers, putting an end to spam calls, helping you find your way in a new country by providing timely and accurate translations, protecting the privacy of their phone number, learning a new language, and recording phone calls. But we see our 10+ year success story so far as just the beginning of our journey.
We are looking for a savvy Backend Engineer to join our organization, a forward-thinking individual who is eager to participate in discussions and express their opinions, shaping the future of our products for years to come. This person will play a critical role in building out and maintaining services handling thousands of requests per second under an optimal level of latency and high availability. We encourage research and exploration and provide an environment for people with unconventional ideas to feel at comfort.
- Design and build services and REST APIs that support our mobile applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with and integrate 3rd party platforms and APIs
- Built tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Be obsessed with observability and relevant metrics as well as with the definition of done
- Ship high-quality software and implement good testing practices
- Actively participate in software design and architecture discussions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Ensure documentation is up to date and knowledge is shared cross-functionally
- At least 5 years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems
- Clear and proactive communicator
- Excellent command of at least one mainstream programming language
- Proactiveness to monitor service performance and fix potential bottlenecks
- Respond to incidents proactively and have some availability for on-call rotation
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience deploying services to cloud providers such as GCP and/or AWS
Would be a plus:
- Experience with serverless environments, containers, and Kubernetes
- Experience in Go or Python
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform