Mosaic Group is a mobile app developer with an award-winning portfolio of brands and products—including Apalon, iTranslate and Teltech. We build and acquire best-in-class mobile applications, providing creators with a platform to reach global audiences along with the inspiration, support and resources to innovate new products. Owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC), Mosaic Group is a global company headquartered in New York City with offices across the US as well as Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Ireland.
We are looking for Lead UX Researcher. Collaborating with different teams (designers, product managers, growth managers, marketing managers, etc.), you will conduct research for our key mobile products. This role is the one where UX research knowledge, conceptual design, and communication skills come together to bring the user's voice into the team.
As an additional dimension to this role, we’re looking for someone with leadership skills to collaborate with Director of Research in revising and improving the current research practice and processess, and sharing knowledge and expertise with the research team to help them grow.
What you’ll do
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to identify and define impactful research opportunities keeping business priorities, prior research data, and analytics in mind.
- Design and conduct foundational and evaluative research to deliver meaningful insights relevant to the current product and business needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure everyone is always aligned on what is researched, why, and how the team will benefit from it.
- Craft compelling narratives about users’ needs, attitudes, aspirations, expectations, obstacles, and motivations.
- Support designers and product managers who run simple studies on their own.
- Ideate with the team to define and agree on design solutions (incl. user journeys, interaction flows and information architecture) that support both business and user needs.
- Mentor research team members and support their professional growth through ongoing feedback, peer and performance reviews.
- Be a motivational spark for the team through your own example.
- Resolve local conflicts, if any, and escalate them timely, if necessary.
- Take part in hiring and onboarding of new team members (senior, middle, junior UX researchers).
We’re looking for someone with
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX researcher or related role.
- Solid understanding of different research methods and which ones to use best for a research question at hand and at different design phases.
- Extensive experience in qualitative research methods
- Understanding and at least some prior experience with quantitative research methods
- Understanding and applying user-centered design methods.
- Proactive and collaborative approach that fuels the team with actionable research data.
- Ability to support different teams and adapt to their priorities
- High attention to detail and great organization skills.
- A team-oriented attitude and excellent communication skills.
- English is at least B2 (Upper-Intermediate) to be able to communicate with test participants, stakeholders, and English-speaking colleagues and produce deliverables that everyone in the company could understand.
Will be a bonus if you
- Experience of mentoring other research team members.
- Have an extensive experience in quantitative research.
- Have a degree/certificate in user experience research, user centered design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, social science or other related fields.
- Have facilitated workshops.
- Speak Russian.
What we offer
- Work for an international company with HQs in New York.
- Possibility to work with professionals across many areas of expertise on products loved by millions of users worldwide.
- Autonomy and flexibility to set research processes, methodology and tools.
- A community of research teammates.
- Competitive salary.